CCAH is looking for a Senior Accountant, reporting to senior leadership, to join a growing financial operations team. The Senior Accountant will ensure that transactions are recorded in a timely and correct fashion by applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), which includes analytical work and thorough reviews of financial records. This position will help maintain/control General Ledger accounts and business transactions for the organization. The Senior Accountant requires a strong knowledge of accounting principles and key controls that ensure the integrity of underlying accounting records.
Are you interested in joining a company that truly values its people and clients? If so, then don’t miss this opportunity to join CCAH, an award-winning direct marketing firm. For over three decades, the CCAH team has helped progressive nonprofits, and political campaigns change the world, and we’re looking for our next creative, resourceful, and driven colleague.
Joining CCAH means helping the biggest names in campaigns and nonprofits make their mark on the world.
Here's what you get to do:
- Lead the end-to-end process for contract to billing to accounting close for our services contract & order based revenue business;
- Develop a strong understanding of our agency services to ensure invoicing and revenue recognition accuracy;
- Assist in the ongoing automation and evaluation of systems, processes and controls;
- Prepare revenue/deferred revenue journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with ASC 606;
- Prepare flux analyses and other analytics to help review the monthly results;
- Be a partner in providing key insights with data-driven reporting;
- Coordinate with the multiple teams to process discovery and suggest on-going process improvements for accuracy and efficiency;
- Assist with external audit requests and maintain documentation as support;
- Support new business initiatives by developing efficient and scalable operational finance & accounting processes.
- Assist with month-end accruals, prepaid expense schedules, and deferred revenue.
Here’s who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- 6+ years of experience in an accounting role in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent technical competency with GAAP, especially related to assigned product line, to include specific areas such as receivables, inventory, costings
- Excellent Excel skills required and comfortability with large data sets;
- Experience with ERP systems preferred (Sage Intacct or 100);
- Strong leadership skills and people management experience; ability to ensure high caliber work of accounting staff
- Excellent communication, public speaking, presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to identify and communicate accounting issues to upper level management in a timely and concise manner
The salary for this position begins at $75,000.00 per year, depending on experience.
Benefits + Perks: We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage. You’re eligible to participate in our 401k plan after the first day of hire, and we match up to 100% of every dollar you contribute to up to 5%. Plus, a year-end bonus.
If you are looking for a place to learn, grow, and play while earning a paycheck, we may be the right fit for you.
CCAH is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. CCAH’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected. Diversity is more than a commitment at CCAH—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
COVID-19 considerations: We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MD, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, and WA.