Direct Response Copywriter
CCAH, an award-winning omnichannel direct marketing agency, is seeking a Full-time Staff Direct Response Copywriter to join a rapidly growing to join our collaborative, creative, and team-oriented environment. We’re looking for curious and passionate writers who can motivate others to act through compelling copy. As a Staff Direct Response Copywriter, your job is to inspire donors and prospects to stop waiting, and to start acting, right this minute – on behalf of national, nonprofit organizations such as the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund and People for the American Way. We’re looking for Copywriters of all experience levels, be it 5 years of experience or 30; if you can write compelling copy that can inspire anyone to do anything, this role is for you. This is a full-time position. We are not looking for freelancers.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Work with highly-respected and influential nonprofit advocacy organizations in multiple sectors including human rights, animal welfare, health and disease, and environmental.
- Developing big ideas for direct mail and digital fundraising campaigns; working with the team on the strategy and the implementation.
- Collaborating with designers and fellow copywriters to provide constructive feedback on all creative content before live testing.
- Testing new variations on control creative to keep it performing at maximum levels.
- Learn cutting edge techniques and industry best practices for nonprofit fundraising
- Researching industry and donor trends.
- Push the envelope on groundbreaking creative concepts.
- Contributing to the creative needs of multiple channels including direct mail packages, emails, display ads, text placements, landing pages, and others.
Here’s who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct response copywriting experience, but all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Should be able to provide evidence of persuasive writing ability—examples could include sales copy, or a persuasive blog post, or any convincing copy.
- Cannot be afraid of research. The best marketing ideas do not magically appear—rather they are found through digging in and researching the topic.
- Must be comfortable in a progressive political environment.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Please tell us your salary expectations in your application.
Benefits + Perks: We offer medical, dental and vision coverage. You’re eligible to participate in our 401k plan after first day of hire and we match up to 100% of every dollar you contribute to up to 5%. Plus, a year-end bonus up to 5%.
Include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Resumes without cover letters and salary requirements will not be reviewed.
If you are looking for a place to learn, grow and play while earning a paycheck, we just may be the right fit for you.
CCAH is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. CCAH’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected. Diversity is more than a commitment at CCAH—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
NO PHONE CALL PLEASE. FREELANCER WRITERS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
Driven by our passion, motivated by your mission. With a laser focus on integrated omnichannel communications, CCAH helps our clients deliver their promise to make the world a better place.