Chapman Cubine Adams + Hussey is celebrating an anniversary: Three decades of helping our clients make the world a better place. Thank you to all of the amazing organizations that have allowed us to be part of your mission over the years!
Much has changed since the mid-eighties when we first hung a shingle. Here are a few of the changes our industry – and society as a whole – has witnessed:
- Then, the cost of a first-class stamp was 22 cents. Now, it is 49 cents.
- The World Wide Web – and the first website – didn’t exist until 1991. In 1994, the first banner advert appeared on HotWired, the predecessor of today’s Wired.
- Electronic mail – or email – was around, but back then exchanging messages remotely required that both parties subscribe to the same provider. As of 2012, more than 294 billion emails were being sent every day.
- Social media emerged in 1997, but there was no Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn back then. Six Degrees holds the distinction of being the first social media site. LinkedIn came into being in 2003, Facebook in 2004 and Twitter in 2006.
- The majority of people talked on phones that were hard-wired into the wall and the size of the mobile phones hitting the market were about the size of today’s tablets.
- Mobile giving didn’t exist until 1997, the year the iPhone was released.
Our company has changed, too. Today, we have offices on both coasts, and our staff has increased to nearly 80 employees. We began as political fundraisers, but expanded our expertise to encompass working on behalf of charitable organizations and progressive advocacy groups.
While much has changed in three decades, the reason we get up and come to work remains the same: we love what we do and we are honored to partner with some of the most influential organizations in the world who do their part to make this a better place for everyone.
On behalf of all of us at CCAH, thanks to everyone – current and former clients, suppliers, partners, former and current staff and anyone else who has been a part of our journey. We look forward to many more years of working with you all.