Senior Digital Fundraising Strategist
If you're inquisitive, creative and dig data; an organized project manager, a digital native or accomplished (if accidental) techy AND are interested in changing the world while working with fun dedicated people, and have 8+ years experience in online fundraising, advocacy, and digital marketing for nonprofits – read on!
We are a multichannel direct response firm with offices in Arlington, VA (Courthouse metro) and San Francisco, CA and for the right person this position can be in either office. Using direct mail, telemarketing, digital and mobile strategies, we help our nonprofit clients stay a step ahead of the competition. Perks include generous benefits package, competitive salary, 401k matching, professional development opportunities, and much more!
About the role
This position will be crafting the digital fundraising, engagement and acquisition strategies for two- three amazing nonprofits located around the country, so the ideal candidate will have exceptional time management and "virtual meeting" skills to manage the client and vendor relationships, no matter the time zone.
You must be a strategic thinker, able to work in fast-paced, creative environment on close-knit teams with ever-shifting schedules and priorities. Flexibility and resiliency are a must!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as digital strategist for digital and integrated programs, including:
- Strategic fiscal year planning
- Donor and supporter journey mapping
- Budgeting and forecasting in Excel
- Audience segmentation and targeting for house-file and prospecting campaigns
- Online fundraising and list building through paid and earned media
- And guiding the creative vision for each client team
- Collaborate to create award winning campaigns for our clients with our full multichannel team of strategies ts, project coordinators, writers, coders, designers, and analysts
- Stay abreast of industry trends and look for new cutting edge approaches to programs
- Be a team player, be ready and able to dig in, as well as delegate effectively
Successful candidates will possess 8+ years of experience, including all venues of digital marketing and fundraising, and a background in UX/UI, advocacy or political communications/PR. They will also have strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, be resilient and an analytical/strategic thinker. The abilities to effectively prioritize, manage your time and be a team/project leader are essential. Excellent client services skills a must and agency experience is preferred.
- Eager to be creative and lead projects to fruition
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to translate business needs into creative and technical solutions
- Tech savvy and strong technical learning ability
- Ability to scope projects accurately, prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects with autonomy
- Creates schedules and budgets and meets them
- Comfortable working independently as well as within and across teams
- Impeccable ethical standards and professional presence
- Highly self-motivated and always looking for opportunities to make things better
- Experience working with digital analytics data to inform creative decisions
- Comprehension of A/B and multivariate testing architecture and strategy
- Conversant in UX ad design and landing page best practices
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications and Windows 10
- Knowledge of all forms of social media, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. and how to leverage them for marketing/list growth purposes
- Experience working with Google Apps, particularly Analytics and Adwords and nonprofit Grants (extra points awarded for Google certifications)
Preferred but not required skills and qualifications:
- Agency experience managing multiple clients and priorities
- Experience with nonprofit eCRM systems, like Luminate/Convio, Engaging Networks, Salsa, BSD, Salesforce, EveryAction, and/or marketing automation tools like Marketo, Hubspot and ActOn.
- HTML editing or hand coding
- Familiarity with Asana, Slack and EverHour
- Experience with conservation and environmental or health and disease fundraising, advocacy and marketing; especially in email and digital acquisition spaces
- Experience with DIY or event based peer-to-peer fundraising or crowd-funding
Resumes without cover letters and salary requirements will not be reviewed. Salary is based on experience. No phone calls please.
CCAH offers robust benefits and bonus packages with ample growth potential and access to senior leadership. If you are looking for a place to learn, grow and play while earning a paycheck, we just may be the right fit for you.
CCAH is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursing and hiring a diverse workforce.