Senior Report Developer/Analyst
The Senior Report Developer/Analyst is a new position to Chapman Cubine and Hussey as we are investing in developing a robust and enhanced marketing agency-based data warehouse.
This position will work directly with the Sr. Database Administrator/Architect and Information Management Director to transform non-technical business goals into technical data requirements which will be critical in designing and developing a multi-client, multi-channel, multi-dimensional warehouse.
S/he will reverse-engineer the current warehouse schemas, tables, views, Crystal Reports, and Tableau Dashboards and take this information into consideration when developing new Power BI and/or Tableau reports and visualizations. The Report Developer will also play a liaison role between CCAH and our clients to obtain the external data sources necessary to develop such a warehouse. The Report Developer will work with all technical staff to document and diagram all technical information. Finally, the Report Developer will work with the Application Developer to embed the reports/visualizations into a proprietary .NET application and/or a SharePoint internal/client portal.
Once the warehouse is complete, and all standard reports developed, the Report Developer will transition to our Analytics department where s/he will use the warehouse to create custom ad-hoc visualizations and offer fundraising strategy-based trends, models, and prior performance and predictive models.
- Strong understanding of Power BI application security layer models for corporate security compliance
- Development and deployment of Power BI content packs and apps
- Strong knowledge of Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) formula language
- Strong analytical ability and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Prior experience with SQL and development of enterprise level reports
- Fundamental understanding of data warehousing, metadata management
- Ability to drive development and mentor in any of the following: Power BI Applications Development, SharePoint Business Intelligence, SQL Server Data Modeling, SQL Server SSIS Management. SSRS Development, Dashboard Solutions
- Experience with snowflakes, star schema data models
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively in team environments
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Experience with technical writing, design specification documentation, requirement traceability, risk/issue management or tracking
- Experience or ability to migrate SAP Reports to Power BI Reports and/or Tableau Visualizations
- Experience or strong understanding of Direct Marketing (specifically fundraising) data sources and modeling preferred
- Confident in presenting and explaining BI Reports before internal staff & clients
- Comfortable training non-technical staff on how to use, read, and understand BI Reports
- Flexible to ever-changing scheduling priorities
- Ability to problem-solve using internal and external resources as required
- Translate non-technical requests to technical project maps
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline environment
- Proven ability to work directly with users and management to gather requirements, responding to requests in a proactive way
- 6+ years of technology design, implementation, and consulting in:
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Data Lakes, Data Marts, and Big Data
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- 5+ years of working with enterprise architecture or solution architecture frameworks, methodologies, templates, and tools
- 3+ Years of enterprise Power BI experience
- 3+ Years of Tableau experience
Email your resumes (firstname.lastname@example.org) including a cover letter. Resumes without cover letters and salary requirements will not be reviewed.
CCAH offers a competitive salary and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance and paid vacation.