Planner and Data Analyst
Are you an advocate for social justice looking for a way to make a difference? Are you a data-driven excel guru with a direct response marketing or fundraising background who loves working with a team, as well as autonomously?
If the answer is yes, CCAH has a unique and rewarding opportunity available in our Arlington, VA office.
Our Analytics Team is hiring a Planner and Data Analyst to join an award winning team of marketing professionals and support nonprofit clients.
We are a multichannel direct response firm with offices in Arlington, VA and San Francisco, CA. Using direct mail, phone, digital and mobile strategies, we help our nonprofit clients make real change to make the world better. Perks include generous benefits package, competitive salary, 401k, and much more! Beautiful location to enjoy with a close-knit team.
This is a fast-paced environment where managing multiple projects and deadlines are essential - tenacity and grit a must. We expect every employee to work hard, learn and rebound from mistakes, pitch in when others need help, dedicate the necessary time to training and possess the desire to learn every day. If you think you have what it takes, then please apply.
Working under the direct supervision of a Director or higher, the Planner and Analyst will have primary responsibility for the data-related processes for producing mailings for a large, national organization. These processes include requesting counts by segment, using those counts to project campaign performance, and maintaining internal data protocol documents.
More specifically, your initial duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Establish a close relationship with the client data team and account team built on complete trust in the accuracy and reliability of your work
- Management of the approval steps involving the account team and the client with tight deadlines
- Interpret campaign and program strategy documents and use them to recommend segment inclusions and exclusions for each campaign
- Write a non-technical document (memo) for each campaign detailing relevant past performance, campaign projections (and the assumptions behind them), as well as longer-term ramifications on the budget and the program as a whole;
- Write detailed, technical instructions for the client’s data team for each campaign;
- Perform quality control procedures at each step to ensure the accuracy of your projections and the accuracy of the selected records for the actual mailing
- Supervise the Data Specialist whose duties include the performance of routine tasks in excel
- Supporting the account team and client in other matters, such as:
- Ad-hoc analysis of donor behavior, the budgetary impact of shifts in strategy/changes in performance, and other projects;
- Making recommendations to inform overarching program strategy both for the immediate and long-term health of the program;
- Assistance in developing overall fundraising plans and budgets;
- Maintaining thorough documentation of client’s rules, protocols, and syntax and ensuring that they are followed;
- Participating in departmental and CCAH company initiatives;
- Developing your personal and professional growth strategy;
- Other analytical/BI projects as appropriate.
This position requires at least three or more years of direct marketing account service experience – specifically with robust and complex mail plans, as well as fundraising strategy. The right person for this role must:
- Be extremely detail-oriented and able to proactively juggle multiple deadlines at once
- Have advance MS Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX, ARRAY FORMULAS
- Effectively communicate with multiple departments and stakeholders - internal and external
- Have Direct Marketing list planning/management experience
- Be comfortable presenting to clients
- Possess a strong understanding of direct mail statistics
- Must be available to start within the next 30 days
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
Bonus points for:
- Experience writing macros using VBA
- Experience with SQL
- A working knowledge of predictive models
- Experience with Tableau (or other BI tools)
Compensation package includes include a robust benefits, competitive salary, 401k and much more. Please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected].
Use the subject line: “Planner and Data Analyst” to apply to our Arlington location.
No phone calls or EMAILS | CCAH is an EEOE